Health Innovation Funding Investment (HIFI) Awards
Call for proposals will open in September 2021.
Health is produced by a complex interplay of individual, social, political, and economic factors and influenced by ongoing developments in technology, such as artificial intelligence and big data, as well as emergent global threats like climate change and pandemics.
The Health Innovation Funding Investment (HIFI) Awards are intended to catalyze health researchers to undertake innovative, possibly risky activities that have the potential to create change. The HIFI Awards acknowledge and support cross-faculty and cross-campus research at UBC's Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
Awards of $10,000 to $25,000 will be granted to faculty members who are collaborating across faculties, disciplines, and campuses to launch, develop, or translate innovative health-related research.
For an application to be considered, the proposed investment must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Initiatives must include faculty members and/or trainees from at least two different UBC faculties.
- Initiatives must be feasible in the current context of COVID-19 and related activity restrictions.
Applications that meet the above minimum requirements will then be evaluated based on the following differentiating criteria:
- The extent to which the initiative sets out a compelling context, clearly identifying an existing or emerging issue or opportunity.
- The extent to which the deliverable relates to the context as described.
- The quality and potential impact of the deliverable.
- The extent to which the initiative represents true cross-faculty and cross-discipline collaboration.
- The inclusion of trainees is seen as an asset.
- Cross-campus collaboration is seen as an asset.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion are addressed.
The HIFI Review Committee will recommend proposal selection and prioritization to the Associate Vice-President, Health, who will review the recommendations and make the final decision about which projects will be funded.
If you have any questions, please contact Veronica Grant at email@example.com.